Counseling & Support
- Hope4Healers Helpline. 24/7 emotional support for health care and other professionals provided by a licensed mental health professional (24/7)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. 1.800.273.8255 (TALK)
- Crisis Text Line – Text HOME to 741741 to connect with a crisis counselor (24/7)
- Personal Assistance Services (PAS). Licensed professionals offer assessment, short-term counseling, and referrals for all Duke staff to help resolve a range of personal, work, and family problems. They provide counseling services, crisis response services, and management consultations.
- DUH, DRH, PDC, DHCH: 919-416-1727
- Duke Raleigh Hospital: 1-800-327-2251
- Duke Primary Care: 919-416-1727. If Wake County: Employee Assistance Program @ 1-800-327-2251
- Chaplain Services. Chaplains are available 24/7 to offer spiritual and emotional support to people of all faiths and belief systems. They provide spiritual and emotional support, and they visit units experiencing adverse events to provide support.
- Duke University Hospital: 919-684-3586. On evenings/weekends: 919-684-8111 and ask for chaplain on call.
- Duke Raleigh Hospital: 919-812-7972 (8 a.m.-9 p.m.). After 9 p.m., contact 919-954-3292.
- Duke Regional Hospital: Call 919-470-4000 and ask for the chaplain on call (#1115).
- Caring for Each Other (CEO). The Caring for Each Other (CEO) program provides real-time emotional support for individuals and groups.
- Peer Support Volunteers. Peers are trained to provide support and referrals to peers who want to speak with someone who provides similar work/services. Peers listen, validate, and refer their colleagues to appropriate resources.
- Group Peer Support, for groups that have experienced adverse events
- Emotional Support rounding, for front-line team members
- Critical Incident Response Program (CIRP): High-acuity response team available during and following disruptive events to provide consultations for leaders and mental and emotional support for team members. The program is co-led by the Director of DUH Chaplain Services and Education and the Director of Duke Personal Assistance Services. More info.